I believe this places the proper perspective on what a gun means to a civilized society.
Read this eloquent and profound letter and pay close attention to the last paragraph of the letter….
“The Gun Is Civilization” by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)
There is an article about Ron Paul in this month’s Esquire magazine. While I did manage to learn quite a bit about Ron Paul in the article, and perahps I dont’ think he is as goofy as I once did, I found this infographic to be the most entertaining.
President Obama, Sarah Palin, George W Bush, and some of my other favroites are displayed!
I received a very disturbing phone call last night, Uncle Bernie has passed away. I find myself just saying “wow” over and over to myself and others. I think right now I am just in a state of shock, I only saw him a few weeks ago and everything was fine. Of course, I have been really thinking about this for the past 22 hours now. Perhaps because I am a little bit older, or I’ve been doing a bit of soul searching. However, it really has caused me to examine my station in life, and realize that tomorrow really is a gift. It does not seem to matter, your age, activities, whatever. When it is your time to go, it is your time to go.
Although we visited many a watering hole, these particular pics were taken at the Conch Republic Seafood Company in Key West, Florida on October 30th, 2007. Key West just will not be the same w/o Uncle Bernie.
The Boys at Hogs Breath
That’s how we roll!
More pics in the gallery
In keeping up with my new rules theme, Here is another for the list.
When available, try to eat lunch in a park. If you can find one with few benches and a lake, then you have hit a home run. At a minimum, you just need a place to park, or a place to sit.
It may sound funny to make this a rule, but believe me, it has many benefits.
- You save money by bringing your lunch and not going to a restaurant, it’s probably healthier too.
- Sitting in the park gives you time to slow down and relax and recharge without external stimulus.
- It is nice to just get out of the workplace and to be surrounded by nature. For instance right now, the leaves are changing/falling, and the wind has a nice chill.
- I like to use this time to reflect, on what is going on around me, and to help me realize what is important to me.
- It is a great time to study your Masonic ritual, I think the geese in Medford already know the MM exam.
I think Mr Colion Noir makes some really great points (as usual) in this video:
I’ll excuse the Boston hat, because he’s worn a Phillies on in the past a few times.
Since around the start of the year, I’ve been doing my best to really reduce the amount of $$ I’ve been spending at lunch, as well as the intake of crap I’ve been eating during it. My solution so far, soup.