In keeping up with my new rules theme,Â Here is another for the list.
When available, try to eat lunch in a park. If you can find one with few benches and a lake, then you have hit a home run.Â At a minimum, you just need a place to park, or a place to sit.
It may sound funny to make this a rule, but believe me, it has many benefits.
- You save money by bringingÂ your lunch and not going to a restaurant, itâ€™s probably healthier too.
- Sitting in the park gives you time to slow down and relax and recharge without external stimulus.
- It is nice to just get out of the workplace and to be surrounded by nature.Â For instance right now, the leaves are changing/falling, and the wind has a nice chill.
- I like to use this time to reflect, on what is going on around me, and to help me realize what is important to me.
- It is a great time to study your Masonic ritual, I think the geese in Medford already know the MM exam.
Since it was such a nice day yesterday, and I need to get rid of my “spare tire”, it was time to rock four new geocaches. Sadly, I only found two of them first. Then again, I was being nice! … read more
For those of you who were around me in the past week you will know that gift wrapping paper has been my gripe of the week. I guess you could say that it grinds my gears.Â So as of now, … read more
Google impressed me again today with their freshly updated iGoogle personalized homepage layout. While I like tabs on the top, cleaner selectable tabs on the side are much more efficient when you have multiple pages setup. With the new gmail … read more
Peter Mucha posted over at the Philadelphia Inquirer: A gas war in Gloucester County seems to have created the lowest gas prices in the country. As of about 10 a.m., the price was $3.169 a gallon for regular at two … read more
Old news? Sure, I’m a little slow. So it looks like Discovery Home is now going to become Planet Green. Which I think is kinda cool, they already have a pretty neat site. Although, it is currently broken, and I … read more
A few weeks ago Starbucks closed all of their stores for 3 hours so that they could “retrain” all of their employees. Well that opened the flood gates for plenty of free or steeply discounted coffee for the same 3 … read more